Memosaic

Friday, May 20, 2005

Full Circle

Whenever I watch a “Star Wars” movie, I feel like a little kid again. I want to cheer on the heroes, boo the villains – and zoom through space with all of them. “Revenge of the Sith” is no exception. It’s not as good as the first 1977 film (what is?), but it does an excellent job of explaining how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader, one of filmdom’s greatest villains – how he’s seduced by Senator Palpatine’s offer of powers even the Jedi don’t possess. As Anakin, Hayden Christensen looks sensational all in black, and his descent into the Dark Side was quite convincing to me.

I loved the film’s amazing special effects and exciting battle scenes – especially Yoda with his deadly light saber (I wouldn’t want to mess with that little dude!). My favorite creature here is the speedy dragon-like alligator Obi Wan Kenobi rides during one of his missions. I wish this movie contained more humor, but I’m glad to finally know all about how Luke and Leia were separated at birth – which brings us full circle back to the first “Star Wars” adventure. I, for one, am ready to see that terrific film again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home