Memosaic

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Retiring Star

When I read the news about actor Paul Newman deciding to retire, it made me very sad. Okay, I know Newman is 82 years old and not the handsome hunk he once was. But, even now, he exudes more charisma and dramatic talent than many current young stars. Still, if he wants to back away from acting at this point in his life, Newman can rest on some incredible laurels. To me, his bravura work in THE VERDICT ranks as one of the finest performances ever filmed. And who can forget his brilliance in such movies as HUD, COOL HAND LUKE, ROAD TO PERDITION, HOMBRE, BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, THE STING and THE COLOR OF MONEY?

Thank you, Paul Newman, for the great pleasure your splendid acting has given me through the years. May your admirable and on-going involvement in the Hole in the Wall Gang Camps continue to help critically ill children.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home