Memosaic

Thursday, August 23, 2012

For Gene Kelly's 100th Birthday

                  
Because this would have been Gene Kelly's 100th birthday, I've been thinking about him a lot today. Here are three of my favorite movies starring this dynamic entertainer:

The Pirate. Although Kelly's character is a circus clown and not really the dreaded “Mack the Black of the Caribbean,” he pretends to be this notorious pirate in order to win over spunky Judy Garland -- and it's a dazzling performance. Kelly’s athletic dancing here wowed everyone.

Anchors Aweigh. Kelly was simply delightful dancing with Jerry the Mouse and even received an Oscar nomination for this role.

Singin' in the Rain. Kelly co-directed my all-time favorite movie as well as performed the most wonderful dances ever filmed.

And I have to mention that my husband and I were so impressed with this “unforgettable” actor, we named our son “Kelly” after him. Gene Kelly is a true screen legend indeed!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home