Memosaic

Monday, September 02, 2019

Rave Review for Cinema Stanzas Two

Thanks so much to poet/writer Chris Mansel for his lovely review of my new book Cinema Stanzas Two: Poet Laureate of the Movies. Chris has given me permission to post his review, so here it is in full. 

Cinema Stanzas II – review by Chris Mansel
I first wrote about Cinema Stanzas, the first book in this series, and said it was unique. My mind has not been changed. Cinema Stanzas II is also unique in its ability to capture the essence of each film. I haven’t had the privilege of seeing most of these films so it is nice to have a writer you trust to see them for you. Of course, you are going to make up your own mind when seeing them.
The artful reviews about so many genres of film will have you reading this volume so quickly you know that you will refer to it again and again. Cinema Stanzas II is not unlike the quote from Gilda Radner about Gene Wilder, “I felt like my life went from black and white to Technicolor.”
I am reminded of the many books Roger Ebert published of his reviews. Each one was good to have on hand if you were a true movie fan. You’ll find such grace and humor in each film’s poem you’ll forget that Mrs. Tucker doesn’t publish books of poetry regularly. So, check out the poetry, the reviews, and the warmth. Collect this eBook, and send it as a gift, you know your friends will enjoy pretty much what you like. 

To order a copy, click on this link: https://amzn.to/33Ojw8L   

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home