Memosaic

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

An Endearing Short Film

 My husband and I want to thank filmmaker Vohn Regensburger (Last of the Romantics) for the wonderful e-mail message below about CAKE: A LOVE STORY, the award-winning short film based on IT HAD TO BE US, a romantic memoir we wrote under the pen names of Harry and Elizabeth Lawrence.

 A producer friend of mine and I watched your short movie, CAKE: A Love Story and we just loved it! The story was very endearing and heart-wrenching as it unfolded. The two lead actors, Debra Lord Cooke and Richard Vernon were marvelous playing you two and were so relatable, funny and heart-felt in their roles. I just thought all along, “Isn’t this just like love: blue sunny skies and summertime… until it isn’t!”

I felt by the end of the film I was good friends with you as a couple and had known you both forever. I believe that piece is so hard to accomplish in a film, let alone a short. I’m so glad you stayed with it and were able to get this released and shared with the world.

Please let filmmakers Misha Zubarev and Vera Zubarev know a job well-done, as well!

 “CAKE: A Love Story” is now available on YouTube free of charge at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aSnvZf2rIQ 

“It Had To Be Us,” First Place winner in the E-book category at the Hollywood Book Festival, is available on Amazon.com.  

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home