Memosaic

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

J-Lo Charms Us in Rom-Com Musical

 My favorite Jennifer Lopez movies are Selena, Enough, and Shall We Dance? But now I am happy to add Netflix's Marry Me to that list. As entertainment goes, this offering wowed me. I’m an incurable romantic, so the pairing of Lopez and Owen Wilson pleased me. And getting to see the ultra-talented Lopez sing and dance on screen made me very happy indeed. So, of course, I was motivated to write the poem below.

A math teacher and music star

look at each other from afar.

He’s at concert and she sees him.

“Marry Me,” she shouts on a whim.

 

Emotional, about to cry,

the star is counting on this guy

    to help her through a real bad patch

      although they don’t look like a match.

 

Owen Wilson and J-Lo click.

They play the couple in this flick.

Their ups and downs are fun to see.

We love them in this new movie.

 

Choosing Wilson for co-star here

is a decision we can cheer.

         He makes us laugh and care throughout.

       He fits his role. There is no doubt.

 

J-Lo dances and also sings.

 Her costumes shine with sparkly things.

Her acting charms us from the start,

as superstar with a big heart.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home