Memosaic

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Movies, Movies, Movies

Yesterday I had the honor of celebrating International Women’s Day with the Pueblo Chapter of the American Association of University Women. Special thanks to Dr. MaryAnn Roldan for inviting me to talk about my favorite topic, “Movies, Movies, Movies.”

It was such fun discussing CONFESSIONS OF A MOVIE ADDICT, my humorous life story with everything but the movie stuff edited out, and surveying the members about their favorite stars and films. Here are the winners:

Favorite Movie – “Gone with the Wind”

Favorite Actress – Meryl Streep

Favorite Actor – Clark Gable

Good sports all, the courageous AAUW women even agreed to take my “Are You a Movie Addict?” quiz. As promised, the results remain secret.

To close the program, I held a drawing to give away two of my books. Betty Alt won a copy of CONFESSIONS OF A MOVIE ADDICT, and Margaret McDonald received a copy of SUSAN SARANDON: A TRUE MAVERICK.

A big “thank you” to the members who purchased copies of these books during the booksigning that followed.

How I wish my friend (and movie buff extraordinaire), Margaret Senatore, had been there to share this special day! Although belonging to AAUW, she is now recovering from a stroke. Our thoughts and prayers are with her.

Before my presentation, I attended the AAUW business meeting. The commitment of this group to advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education and research is quite impressive. Congratulations, Pueblo AAUW!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I always love to read what's happening in your life but to read about the success your books are having is such a thrill. Having read both of them I can truly say they are books no one will regret buying.

    It Had to Be Us simply gave me everything I needed to know about you, as a person, and your humor and your husband's showed me what caring people you are.

    Here's to many more successes in your lives.

    By Blogger Lea Schizas - Author/Editor, At 10:14 AM  

  • Thanks so much, Lea, for your kind words! They mean a great deal to me.

    My husband and I also owe you a debt of gratitude for your terrific review of IT HAD TO BE US and for our fun joint interview with you!

    By Blogger Betty Jo, At 8:34 AM  

  • Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home