Memosaic

Sunday, August 24, 2008

And the Brilliante Weblog Premio Goes To . . .


I’m very happy to be a 2008 Brilliante Weblog Premio winner -- especially because this honor comes from Lea Schizas, founder of the Muse Online Writers Conference and The Muse Marquee. A published author, Lea is also the founder and editor of two Writer’s Digest 101 Top Writing Sites and the recipient of several Preditors and Editors Awards.

Explaining her choices for this year’s Brilliante Weblog Premio awards, Lea posted the following entry on her The Writing Jungle Blog at

There are so many awesome blogs I scoured but the ones I've chosen … are the ones I feel have proven that these writers go out of their way not only to promote their own careers but to help other writers, as well.

And, in an e-mail message to me, Lee said, I've always thought that the best form of honoring someone is to offer a pay it forward thank you. And when I was given this award with the conditions I seek out other helpful blogs I immediately thought of you and your awesome movie reviews and interviews.

Many thanks, Lea, for honoring my work in this regard and for being a continuing inspiration to writers.

I now have the privilege of choosing up to seven other blogs to receive the 2008 Brilliante Weblog Premio. My four choices – and reasons for each – are as follows:

Julie Ann Shapiro – Author Insights
Julie’s love of books and writing shines through in every blog entry.

Denise Cassino – Perspectivies and Ponderances
Like Lea Schizas, Denise works hard to help writers – and anyone interested in being one. On this excellent blog, she showcases the writing of others as well as her own work.

Ann M. Amodeo – Zen of Writing
Ann’s gem of a blog contains insightful opinions about reading, writing and the universe.

Zafar Anjum – Dream Ink
Zafar’s splendid blog is both visually pleasing and informative. I love his tag line: Dream Ink….because to leave no history is to become extinct.

Congratulations to Julie, Denise, Ann and Zafar! I’ll post the notification and rules for recipients on each winning blog.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Betty Jo, At 11:44 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Feather, At 2:10 PM  

  • Thanks so much, Betty Jo. It is an honor to be chosen by you for this award! Your blog is terrific and I'm thrilled that you, too, were chosen - you deserve it!
    Denise Cassino

    By Blogger *******, At 2:13 PM  

  • Thanks, Betty Jo.

    Ann M Amodeo (no Carroll...)

    ;)

    By Blogger Zen of Writing, At 3:35 PM  

  • Hi Betty Jo, thank you for visiting my blog and choosing it for the award. I'll pay it forward as you have suggested):

    By Blogger Unknown, At 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home