Memosaic

Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

As a film critic, here are my New Year’s resolutions for 2009:

1. Be nicer to Penelope Cruz. During 2008, this busy actress earned considerable acclaim for her work in Elegy and Vicky Cristina Barcelona, so I hope to see these two movies – and maybe even rave about her for a change.

2. See more foreign language films. After watching Let the Right One In, a haunting Swedish vampire film, I can’t help wondering how many other terrific films from different areas of the world I’m missing.

3. Stop complaining about so many bad movies. Why? Because these flicks make us appreciate excellent films even more.

4. Be more objective about Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman and Antonio Banderas. Hey, I’m only human. This will be the most difficult resolution to keep, but I’ll try.

Happy New Year, movie fans!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home