Memosaic

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Hooray for Old Hollywood!

This entry is quite embarrassing for me, but confession is good for the soul, so here goes.

I’ve wanted access to the TCM channel for many months but felt it must be too expensive for my limited budget. “You call yourself a movie addict and you don’t have Turner Classic Movies!” one of my dear friends chastised me – and often. Then one day recently, another pal mentioned a television channel number I should check. Hallelujah! TCM had been available for me all along. Duh.

From that day forward I’ve been glued to my set watching “oldies but goodies” like Sunnyside (with the delightful Janet Gaynor),
In the Good Old Summertime (starring the great Judy Garland), Singin’ in the Rain (featuring that fantastic Gene Kelly-Debbie Reynolds-Donald O’Connor trio), Out of the Fog (with a deliciously menacing John Garfield), etc. I realize more than ever now how much I miss the Old Hollywood.

Coincidentally, veteran filmmaker Stephen Simon appeared on my Movie Addict Headquarters radio show on December 28th to talk about Bringing Back the Old Hollywood -- his new book -- which I immediately ordered at www.theoldhollywood.com. I can hardly wait to read and review it. Will keep you posted.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home