Memosaic

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Want To Thank the Academy

Nominations for the 85th Academy Awards were announced this morning, so I want to thank the Academy for recognizing some of my favorite films and performances. First of all, as the world’s most avid movie musical fan, I’m especially pleased about those 8 nominations for Les Misérables -- including Best Picture, Best Actor (Hugh Jackman, be still my heart) and Best Supporting Actress (Anne Hathaway).

And I’m also happy about an equal number of nods for Silver Linings Playbook as well as the Best Supporting Actor nomination for Christoph Waltz in Django Unchained. Plus I was pleasantly surprised to see A Royal Affair on the list for Best Foreign Language film. But the greatest relief for me this morning came when I heard Naomi Watts’ name called as one of the nominees for Best Actress. I would have been soooo disappointed if she hadn’t met the cut for her outstanding performance as a mother struggling to be united with her family in the aftermath of a Tsunami in The Impossible (which should have been nominated for Best Picture, in my humble opinion.)

As expected, Lincoln emerged as the leader in this year’s field with a total of 12 nominations in important categories like Best Picture, Best Director (Steven Spielberg), Best Actor (Daniel Day-Lewis), Best Supporting Actor and Actress (Tommy Lee Jones, Sally Field). We’ll find out who the Oscar winners are on Sunday, February 24, during the traditional ABC televised Academy Awards show. Check out the complete list of nominees by clicking on the link below.

http://www.imdb.com/oscars/nominations/?ref_=rto_nb_acd

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home