Memosaic

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Where the Lost Things Go


A VERY, VERY SHORT STORY

A confused elderly woman searches for items she believes have been taken by mysterious little creatures who live inside the walls of her rickety old house.

“Why would they need a tiny pair of scissors, the cardboard backing for my writing tablet, and a brown eyebrow pencil?” she mumbles.

The next morning, she smiles with surprise, for at the bottom of her disheveled bed lies a cardboard paper-doll with brown eyes just like hers.    

(I love a happy ending, don’t you?)




Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • I love this short story!!! It is precious and tells the
    entire story in a few sentences..
    It could be a darling children's series books.
    Actually it could be great for any age!
    Keep Writing Ms. Betty Jo Tucker..you are
    very gifted! I love sharing your film by the way.

    By Blogger Sam Smith, At 6:45 PM  

  • Thanks so much for reading my very short story, Sam Smith!
    So glad you enjoyed it. Thanks also for supporting our film. Cheers from Betty Jo.

    By Blogger Betty Jo, At 8:28 PM  

  • Betty Jo, you've mastered the art of saying a great deal with few words. I also love your poetic book reviews where you also apply this technique. Very clever, thanks for sharing with us.

    By Blogger *******, At 5:34 AM  

  • Thanks for your kind words! I really appreciate your support, *******.

    By Blogger Betty Jo, At 7:42 AM  

  • I enjoyed this charming story with its happy ending. It reminds me of the story of the Elves and the Shoemaker by Brothers Grimm. Thank you for sharing this Betty Jo. Your natural talents are inspiring!
    Looking forward to your next creation!

    By Blogger Intuitive Scribe, At 8:22 AM  

  • Thanks for your wonderful words of support, Jane Bernard! I think you are right about the Elves and the Shoemaker. Here's hoping I don't get sued. :-)

    By Blogger Betty Jo, At 11:47 AM  

  • What a sweet little story, Betty Jo. I like the magic aspects of it, and that even the seemingly simplest items can be transformed into something very special. Nicely done.

    By Blogger Pamela Jaye Smith - MYTHWORKS, At 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home