Memosaic

Saturday, June 11, 2005

The Magic of Forgetting

The secret to enjoying both “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” and the movie version of television’s classic “The Honeymooners” involves an ability to forget certain things. It’s not easy to do, but I found the more I put out of my mind all those media reports of a rumored affair between Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, the better I liked their new film. And, with “The Honeymooners,” forgetting about Jackie Gleason and Art Carney as Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton is essential to appreciating the film adaptation. Yes, I know those late, great actors made magic together on the small screen, but just go with the flow of the movie and focus on the antics of Cedric the Entertainer and Mike Epps, who bring their own comic flair to these same roles. Once you do that, you’ll find the crazy schemes hatched by the new Kramden/Norton duo very funny indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home