Memosaic

Monday, June 06, 2005

Hugh Jackman & The Tony Awards

Had it not been for Hugh Jackman’s swingin’ “I Won’t Dance” medley and his exciting “Somewhere” duet with the legendary Aretha Franklin, last night’s 3-hour televised Tony Awards show would have been a total waste of time for me. No, I take that back. The humorous and rousing musical number from “Spamalot,” this year’s winning musical play, had me chuckling and swaying with those wacky Monty Python knights and their bombastic Lady of the Lake (Sara Ramirez, who earned a well-deserved Tony for her featured work here). I also enjoyed seeing Bill Irwin, my favorite clown, recognized for his dramatic acting in “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?”

But back to Jackman, a Tony winner himself (last year for “The Boy from Oz”). This handsome actor’s charismatic stage presence and his amazing song-and-dance ability brought down the house. Way to go, Wolverine! Which reminds me – it’s a shame we’ll probably never see a musical version of “X-Men.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home