Memosaic

Monday, May 23, 2005

That's Acting

In my latest book, “Susan Sarandon: A True Maverick,” I admitted to both envying and admiring actors. “They get paid for doing what most of us would love to do – pretend to be someone else,” I wrote. “The best one’s do it so well it helps the rest of us understand who we really are. And they make acting look so easy, or – as Henry Fonda explained, they 'don’t let the wheels show.'"

Last Friday at the Daytime Emmys Awards Show, an actor who never lets the wheels show was named Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his work as Michael Baldwin in “The Young and the Restless.” I enthusiastically applaud this selection. Every weekday, Christian Jules LeBlanc portrays one of the most intriguing reformed bad guys (my husband uses the term “scumbag” instead) I’ve ever seen on any size screen. Absolutely fascinating to watch, LeBlanc's realistic and entertaining performance reminds us that there’s always hope for redemption.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home