Memosaic

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Inspector Clouseau Returns

Steve Martin as the naïve, bumbling Inspector Clouseau? Not a great idea, I thought when first hearing about Martin being cast in the new Pink Panther movie. No actor today can do justice to that classic Peter Sellers character from days of yore, I told myself. Still, my favorite wild and crazy guy is full of surprises, so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Good call. No matter what he does, making people laugh comes easy for Martin, and his performance in this hilarious comedy is no exception. Despite bending it a little, he manages to capture the essence of Inspector Clouseau by relying on funny facial expressions, an amusing French accent and comical pratfalls. Read my full review at ReelTalkReviews.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home