Memosaic

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dr. Sallie Watkins: In Memoriam

Losing a dear friend and former colleague like Dr. Sallie Watkins makes me very sad indeed. Sallie was a real-life hero to me and to many others. I will never forget her generosity of spirit and willingness to help during crisis situations.

My husband Larry and I loved Sallie, mostly because of her marvelous sense of humor which we enjoyed tremendously. But we also admired and felt inspired by her intelligence, her compassion, her courage. It was a blessing to know such a wonderful person!

Our world is a better place because of Sallie’s splendid contributions as a nun, scholar, teacher, administrator, and humanitarian extraordinaire.

Dr. Sallie Watkins will be sorely missed by everyone who came in contact with her.

May she rest in peace.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home