Memosaic

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hooray for Trolls!

After seeing Trolls, I kept smiling for a very long time. Everything about this animated movie musical delighted me, but especially the song and dance numbers. The look of the film also charmed me completely. Lots of color, cute characters, and zippy action helps move the simple plot along. Of course, a movie musical doesn’t need much plot – and this one is very easy to follow. It’s about the Trolls vs. Bergens (ogre-like creatures). Happily, a romance between the most optimistic Troll (Poppy) and the most cynical one (Branch) gets thrown into the mix, which gives lucky viewers a chance to hear how wonderful Anna Hendricks and Justin Timberlake sound singing together.    

Happiness is the “Trolls” movie
for bringing out the child in me.
It perked me up and gave me zing.
I wanted just to dance and sing.

Like kiddies in the audience,
my feelings were not on the fence.
I sided with those little Trolls
and feared they might end up as rolls.

Bigger creatures seek Trolls to eat.
They’re never happy or even neat.
It takes Poppy, a Troll princess
and her helpers to fix this mess.

And all along there’s music great
with A. Kendricks and Timberlake,
voices together that sound grand.
Let’s give them both rousing hand!

Speaking of a rousing hand, young members of the audience at the screening my husband and I attended clapped for Trolls at the end. We haven’t seen that much enthusiasm for a movie lately. Naturally, we applauded this animated gem right along with the kids.

(Released by DreamWorks Animation and rated “PG” for mild rude humor.)

   


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home