Memosaic

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Derek Hough: "Great" or "Greatest" Dancer?

My husband says Derek Hough is the best dancer he’s ever seen. His words hurt me a little, for I always thought he reserved that honor for me.

Still, I’m one of Derek’s most avid fans. In fact, he’s the main reason I watch Dancing with the Stars. I’m convinced he’s the best dancer since the great Gene Kelly. And like Kelly, Derek is an amazing choreographer.

Body tension, technique, artistry and athleticism combine in all of Derek’s dynamic performances. His lucky partners benefit tremendously from working with him. Nicole Scherzinger, Derek’s latest partner, became someone wonderful to see as she shared the spotlight with him this past season. Congratulations to them both for winning the coveted ballroom trophy this year.

That’s dancin’!!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I totally agree with you! Let me tell you the way I found out about Derek!
    I live in Madrid, Spain and one day Iwas so boring that I decided to look for videos on youtube. The word "dance" has always been in my mind when looking for videos cause I love dancing (but I don't have any kind if training) that day I remamber a programme about dancing with famous people mainly because here we have the Spanish version which I don't recommend, it hurts your eyes, believe me, it's not considered something to take seriously....Anyway, I thought about DWTS and remembered there was someone called Mario Lopez (used to see E! news & they would talk about him, then I was surprised to find a video of Pamela Anderson, watched it, liked it and then found Nicole Scherzinger dancing the jive which for me was like OMG! The first thought I had was: "That's what we're talking about, the level is incredible compare to the one in here. However, what surprises me the most was to see this guy (thanks Pamela!)this amazing dancer/coreographer that blinded my mind and made me thought inmediately he was THE BEST DANCER I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!
    Since then, I started to follow the show by different websites, youtube, twitter (to share oomments with other people) and realized I'm not the only one who thinks he is GREAT,FUNNY and most importanly TALENTED!!!
    Now, I call myself an avid fan of the fantastic DEREK HOUGH!

    By Blogger The LEMG World, At 3:33 PM  

  • Thanks for reading my Blog entry about Derek Hough, LEMG World. I definitely like the way you think!

    By Blogger Betty Jo, At 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home