Memosaic

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Tony Curtis RIP

Sad news this morning about Hollywood icon Tony Curtis, who passed away at the age of 85.

I loved watching Tony on screen in movies like THE DEFIANT ONES, THE GREAT RACE, HOUDINI and SOME LIKE IT HOT.

But my fondest memory of this versatile actor will always be interviewing him last year on my BlogTalkRadio show, Movie Addict Headquarters. Both Tony and I were trying to communicate despite some serious hearing problems – and when I introduced myself as Betty Jo Tucker, he raved about my name, then said something like “I’ve got just the film for you. Listen to this: Betty Culpepper in MONTANA FALLS!”

From that day on, I became Betty Culpepper to many of my friends.

And that makes me smile.

Tony went on to charm listeners with fascinating personal stories, mostly about Marilyn Monroe and behind-the-scenes antics relating to SOME LIKE IT HOT.

Condolences to Tony’s family, friends and fans. He will be missed.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home