Memosaic

Monday, July 16, 2018

Endearing and Heart-Wrenching Fiilm


Thanks to filmmaker Vohn Regensburger for this wonderful e-mail message about CAKE: A Love Story, an award-winning short film based on It Had To Be Us, the romantic memoir my husband and I wrote under the pen names of Harry and Elizabeth Lawrence. This film is now available on Amazon Prime.

A producer friend of mine and I watched your short movie, CAKE: A Love Story depicting your romantic life story and we just loved it! The story was very endearing and heart-wrenching as it unfolded.

The two lead actors, Debra Lord Cooke and Richard Vernon were marvelous playing you two and were so relatable, funny and heart-felt in their roles. I just thought all along, “Isn’t this just like love: blue sunny skies and summertime… until it isn’t!”

I felt by the end of the film I was good friends with you as a couple and had known you both forever. I believe that piece is so hard to accomplish in a film, let alone a short. I’m so glad you stayed with it and were able to get this released and shared with the world.

Please let directors Misha and Vera Zubarev know a job well-done, as well!





Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Fwd: More Praise for "Cake: A Love Story"

    I'm not surprised -- I enjoyed reading the original memoir: "It Had To Be Us!" -- and when it was turned into a movie, I was blown away. It deserved the AWARDS it got. Betty Jo & Larry, you make a wonderful team! I keep waiting for "the sequel" ... what's holding you up? Love you both, Lola & Pat Griesan #23 GBY

    to 'Betty Jo & Larry Tucker - #14' ... the kudos keep coming and coming ... FANTASTIC !

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:39 PM  

  • Thanks so much for your kind words about CAKE: A Love Story and It Had To Be Us, dear Lola Griesan. Larry and I appreciate your support so much. You and Pat are an inspiration to us. Cheers, as always, from Betty Jo.

    By Blogger Betty Jo, At 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home