Memosaic

Monday, August 27, 2018

Creativity in Motion


Before watching the unusual documentary Songwriter, I knew very little about Ed Sheeran. Now I am an avid fan! Maybe it’s because one of my granddaughters is a singer/songwriter too -- and yet I’ve never had the pleasure of being present during one of her songwriting sessions. However, seeing the home videos of Sheeran and his musical collaborators as they create his third studio album “Divide,” I have some inkling of what’s involved in this particular creative process.

Creativity. Who has that?
To Ed Sheeran I tip my hat.
“Songwriter” shows the song process
that’s led to his immense success.

Happiness while doing his thing
is clear even when bells don’t ring.
Sounds, rhythms and melodies
are tried by Ed for fans to please.

This documentary reveals
the depth of care Ed really feels
about his album and each song.
And that’s why he did not go wrong.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home