Memosaic

Saturday, September 01, 2018

Guy Pearce Update


The first time Larry and I saw Guy Pearce was back in 1997 when he visited San Diego for a personal appearance in connection with L.A. Confidential. During our interview with him, Pearce  looked nothing like the prim detective from that acclaimed film. With his spiked hair and leather jacket, the diminutive actor resembled a rock star instead. 

Larry whispered to me, “I think they’ve brought in a ringer.” 

But I disagreed.  Why? Looking closer at the Australian-born Pearce, I spotted those penetrating blue eyes and high cheekbones that make him so photogenic in such movies as Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, Rules of Engagement,  Memento, and The Time Machine.  

Fortunately, this year Pearce’s fans (like me!) can look forward to the upcoming Mary Queen Scots movie and “The Innocents” series now available on Netflix.




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home